Wednesday 4 August 2010

L is for Loves

I love the fact that I'm lefthanded. Except when it comes to using scissors or someone else having to read my handwrtiting

I love the fact that I am part Seminole. When I was a child, I told all of my classmates I was an Indian princess. I scared one little boy into thinking my dad was going to shoot him full of arrows.

I love Mr. Groom's tiger tattoo.

I love to PLAN. Mr. Groom disagrees with this one, because he knows he is the planner in the relationship. He likes to plan things like when we get home we need to do XYZ. I like to plan as in I love to plan events. I'm going to be the fundraising chair for my college's branch of Mortar Board this year and I'm very excited. I was on the student activites committee my freshaman year where I helped plan things like theme parties. And, as you can tell by my numerous wedding planning posts I'm really enjoying planning my wedding. I love planning out the details of things and carrying out themes. Maybe I should be an event planner.



I love to ORGANIZE. I love to make to do lists, clean out my desk, make budgets, grocery lists, christmas gift lists etc. I'm super excited about making menu plans with matching grocery lists and figuring out couponing/shopping smart. I'm excited about making a cute place to display our weekly menu, as well as a ktichen cabinet board (so I have subsitution ideas, meat temps etc all at my  fingertips and out of the way).

I love to be crafty. This is where my stationary, scrapbooking and cardmaking loves come into play . Unfortunately, I'm not very good at it. I tend to have problems getting things straight and mananging my glue usage. Either glue squirts out or everything falls off. But I love to do it. Maybe I'll find the time this semester to head to one of the tutorials offered by Scrapbook Creations.



I took fencing lessons for a while and really enjoyed them. I would love to be able to find another place that offers lessons for my after college adventures/exercise plan.

You already know that I love to write, read and bake.

I love Girl Scouts. I was a Girl Scout from 3rd-12th grade. I got my Gold Award (think Eagle Scout) and was an Assistant Brownie Girl Scout Leader for a few years. I can't wait until I'm done with school and can start my own troop!



Do we share any loves? What would be on your list

7 comments:

  1. I, too, love to plan. The day Jeremy earned his GED, I started planning the invitation list, the menu, everything. I've put on school auctions, and loved the satisfaction of putting together all the details. I miss doing that kind of thing, and wish I had more time for it. And while I was never a Girl Scout, I'm their best cookie customer! I buy dozens of boxes with the intention of keeping them in the freezer; they're only available once a year, after all. But we know they're in the freezer, and sneak downstairs to just get one more box ... just one more, we have to save these! Yeah ... and poof! They're all gone ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I love to read and my father was left handed so I love lefties! I do love your list though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a lefty. And I love to read and to consume Girl Scout Cookies. Sounds like we have a lot in common, correctamundo? SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did!

    Take Time Out at Georgetown Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, Congrats! You are a winner of the Girard's Dressing. Please e-mail me at redcouchrecipes@gmail.com with you full name and mailing address! So glad you won! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love making lists and menu planning. Don't always like following through, but I love the planning part! LOL I'm planning my son's first theme birthday party in Sept and I'm having so much fun!!! I have lots of lists for that!

    Congrats and good luck with the wedding planning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun post! I'm left-handed too. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We certainly share loves! I love to plan and to organise, too. And baking, crafting, reading and writing, of course.

    Oh and I wished I could have learned fencing, but unfortunately there is no place nearby where you can learn it (and when I was at school, my parents refused to move houses just so that I could learn fencing ^^).

    ReplyDelete

Like what you read? Leave a comment. Don't like what you read? Leave a comment.