Friday 28 January 2011

Cheddar Chicken

I made this last week and served it with oven roasted potatoes. And it was a hit! Mike liked it the best out of all of the recipes I've been trying lately (except for the tacos, of course). And the best part? It's very simple, which is fitting considering I tore the recipe out of  Real Simple Magazine (only my favorite ever!)

                                              You need:


boneless skinless chicken breasts
16 ritz type crackers, crushed
 6 oz grated cheddar
 1 clove chopped garlic
 4 tbs melted butter

Steps:

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Mix the crackers, cheese, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Dip the chicken in the melted butter and then in the cracker mixture, pressing the crackers onto the chicken..
3. Sprinkle remaining mixture on top of chicken breasts and pour remaining butter on top. Bake until golden brown- about 25 minutes.

Easy, huh?

5 comments:

  1. I love RS and have copied several of the chicken recipes they featured. This one sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound very good and simple! I've done something similar with Cheese Nips - makes it even cheesier! Thanks for joining in on The Great Cooking Magazine Challenge! Feel free to grab the logo and add it to your blog so your readers can check out the other recipes that get posted. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Real Simple is one of my favorite magazines these days, and the chicken sounds wonderful! Feel free to stop by my blog to see what I ended up baking for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Like what you read? Leave a comment. Don't like what you read? Leave a comment.