Saturday 26 February 2011

Raw Vegetable Amish Casserole

I loved this! But Mike only thought it was "so-so", but he's not as into his vegetable as I am. I can't get enough of them. This meal reminded me of when my Girl Scout troop would go camping. For dinner we would wrap Veggall (sp?), potatoes and hamburger meat in aluminium foil and throw them in the fire to cook. MMMMM!

In a caserole dish, layer cabbage, slice potatoes, onions, zucchini, carrots and more onions. Do that in any order, but start with the cabbage. Salt and pepper between the layers. Optionally, butter the potatoes. On top sprinkle approx. a pound of raw hamburger meat. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 1.5 hours. Top with lots of cheese before serving!

The only picture I remembered to take was during the layering process

Have you made anything like this?

1 comment:

Like what you read? Leave a comment. Don't like what you read? Leave a comment.