Monday 28 February 2011

Easy Pineapple "Gumbo"

I discovered thsi tasty concoction last night while throwing together a bunch of leftovers. I used:

  1. 1 box of rice a roni (rice pilaf) and followed the directions
  2. leftover smoked sausage or kielbasa, chopped
  3. leftover pineapple chutney (pineapple and onions tossed with salt pepper and 1 tsp of hot sauce and heated in the skillet)
  4. raw mushrooms
  5. shredded pepperjack
I made  the rice according to the directions. While that cooked I reheated the sausage and chutney and mushrooms in a skillet. When they were both done I combined them and topped with cheese.

What a perfect way to sneak in five food groups grains, fruit, dairy, veggies and meat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you read? Leave a comment. Don't like what you read? Leave a comment.