Monday 7 February 2011

Getting Creative in the Kitchen!

After we had Bacon Pineapple Burgers for dinner we had a few leftover slices of pineapple and lots of juice left. I wanted to keep the slices for snacking on but I didn't want to throw out, or drink the juice straight up.

So I started to look into cookie recipes. I looked at basic recipes like shortbread, sugar cookies and butter cookies. I couldn't decide the best route for the pineapple cookies I wanted to use, so I sort of combined a butter cookie and sugar cookie recipe, but subsituted most if the sugar for brown sugar and honey, because I thought those flavors would best compliment the pineapple. I then brushed the cookies with a glaze I made from melted butter, honey and brown sugar.

They came out with a nice texture, but didn't have a very pineapple-y taste, but I only used 1/4 cup of the juice because I didn't want them to come out too acidic. But if I make them again, I will probably double the amount of juice and maybe add in some cinnamon and a little bit of milk.

I'll leave you with the recipe I ended up cobbling together but appreciate your suggestions on how to make a better pineapple flavored cookie.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup  butter
1 egg
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup regular sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup pineapple juice/syrup from canned pineapples

tablespoon of honey
tablespoon of brown sugar
1/4 cup melted butter


I beat everything in the first set of ingredients together and scooped onto a greased pan and baked about 13 minutes ar 375 F. The recipe made about eighteteen cookies which I brushed with the second set of ingredients once they were mixed together.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! that looks so good! So inventive too! You have a great blog- keep it up girl and have a fabulous night!
    Xo
    jessica

    ReplyDelete

Like what you read? Leave a comment. Don't like what you read? Leave a comment.