Tuesday 1 March 2016

Stitchfix Shopping Trip

Y'all, when I was in South Korea I drooled all over my screen as I read review after review of Stitchfix, so I saved up my money for when I came back to the States and could splurge.

We moved into our apartment in January and I scheduled my fix to arrive at the end of February. It turned out to be perfect timing because I accepted a new job that I will start next week and need to dress business casual for.

Stitchfix is basically a remote personal styling service. You fill out their style profile which allows you to share your likes, dislikes and wants. You can also link up your style Pinterest board.  (Here's mine.) Then, they send you a box of 5 clothing items that they think you will like. You pay a $20 fee upfront, but if you make a purchase, you receive the $20 as a discount. If you don't make a purchase, they keep the $20 for the service. You keep and pay only for what you want and return the rest in a prepaid envelope. You can then leave feedback on what you liked and didn't like and why. From there, you can decide to schedule another box. You can schedule boxes or "fixes" as they call them anytime or on a set schedule.

I chose to forgo the reoccurring box but I do plan on scheduling another fix around June or July for some summer items. I really enjoyed shopping and checking out my clothes in my own mirror and with the opinions of my sister and husband, both of whom would not normally be in the mall dressing room with me!

Now, let's check out the clothes!


They came nicely wrapped in a cute box. Also included was a note from my stylist and a style card showing you different ways to style each piece.


I hated this top but I tried it on anyway. The print isn't bad but the colors are baby blue, black and light pink. I felt like I was impersonating cotton candy. Also, something with the cut was off. I returned this.

This navy shirt and black and white skirt both came in the box. I fell in love with shirt at first sight. It is easy to dress up or down. I was skeptical about the length of the skirt as it almost hit on my knee and I like skirts to hit just above the knee.  But, I thought it paired really well with the top I knew I was keeping so I kept both.


I wanted to love this cardigan. I like the chevron pattern and the cut of the cardigan itself but I'm not a pink girl. I tried to convince myself to keep it but I couldn't see spending money on a piece I didn't love, so I returned it.

They also sent a pair of jeans that I loved and I thought looked very flattering on me but they did that weird back gap thing and were a tad too long, so I'd have to have them hemmed and taken in. They were listed at $88 and for that price I wanted them to fit a little better.

My total was a little over $80. If I would have keep everything, my total would have been $214 because if you purchase all of the items you get a 25% discount!


What do you think? Should I have kept the jeans and cardigan?


PS: If you decide to schedule a fix, please use my referral code. Stitchfix gives you a shopping credit for each referral! If you're not sure about ordering, still create an account because they do run promotions. For example, I was able to take advantage of a free styling fee credit. This meant that I paid nothing upfront AND received the $20 discount.







2 comments:

  1. If you didn't love them, then don't waste the money on them! Especially for $88 for the jeans that would need to be hemmed. I keep hearing about Stitch Fix, I might have to try a box sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morgan, I know right! They were cute but I wasn't in love. By the way, you can create an account and fill out the style profile without placing an order. I did that about a year ago just so I could check it out. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Like what you read? Leave a comment. Don't like what you read? Leave a comment.