Thursday 11 July 2013

It's a prize!

Yenta Mary of Food Floozie has given me an award!
 
Yenta Mary is quite possibly my favorite food blogger. Her blog stars fabulous recipes and features great local places to eat on the cheap. Reading it makes me want to take a trip to Michigan. (PS: She has red kitchen cabinets that I adore  !)

The rules of the award are that the nominee must:

- link back to whomever awarded the prize
- state 11 random facts about him- or herself
- answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then - finally!
- nominate another 11 bloggers and devise 11 questions for them to answer.

11 facts

1. We're looking into moving back  to South Korea. My hubby lived there before and we feel called to go back. Our recruiting agency actually called while I was typing this.

2. I'm in the process of writing a book or two. More later on that subject.

3. I love baking and trying new flavor combinations. Especially with cupcakes.

4. I love the old shows like Gilligan's Island, Petticoat Junction, Green Acres and I Love Lucy .

5. I am in love with Captain Jack Sparrow. And my best friends boyfriend does a darn good impression of him. Its his looks, his mannerisms and quite possibly that I am where the rum went.

6. I love Reisens but I rarely buy them because they're so darn expensive. Maybe once I'm done paying off my student loans.

7. I went to a college just for women.

8. I love jokes. However, I am terrible at telling them.

9. I love to talk on the phone and prefer it to texting. I love random, how are you doing phone calls.

10. I really really enjoy shopping for gifts and putting together care packages for my friends.


11 Answers 1. What is the first thing you'll ask God when you get to Heaven?

Oh wow. I'm sure it will take me awhile to get over being speechless. He is so magnificent, so Holy, I can't even imagine what it will be like to be in His presence.

 2. What is your favorite "me time" indulgence? Reading all day long....oh and shopping without looking at the price tags!

3. What is the word or phrase you overuse the most? "Really?"

4. What is your favorite side dish at Thanksgiving? Cornbread stuffing. oh man

5. What is your most cringe-inducing, most appalling, most ridiculous dating story? I'm going to plead the 5th on this one.

6. What has your greatest accomplishment been so far in 2013? I've started the book God is leading me to write. I lead a group in prayer for the first time.

7. What website do you check most often throughout the day? facebook, pinterest, blogger

8. It's Christmas in July; in your letter to Santa, what are you asking him to leave under the tree for you? a red convertible  beetle!

9. Have you ever been to Michigan?no

10. If so, when, where, why? If not, why not??? I just haven't gotten there yet!! I'd love to come hang out.

11. What is your favorite kind of pie? chocolate rum pecan

11 bloggers

1. Kristen of Yada Yada Yada
2. Shelly of Life is a Many Splendored Thing
3. Mary Jane at Joy in the Morning
4. Brenna at By God's Southern Grace
5. Chef in Training
6. Finding Joy in My Kitchen
7. Carmen at Life Blessons
8. Mandy at Mandy's Life After 30
9. Jennifer at More than a Mommy 
10. The Answer is Chocolate
11. The Baking Robot

11 questions

1. Are you going to Heaven? Why or why not?
2. What's your favorite book? Why?
3. What's your favorite flavor cupake?
4. Whats your signature dish?
5. Where did you take your favorite trip? What made it special?
6. How would you describe yourself in one word?
7. If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you'd do?
8. What's your favorite website?
9. What is your favorite summer activity?
10. Favorite cocktail?
11. Who would you like to meet?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you read? Leave a comment. Don't like what you read? Leave a comment.