I bought a pound of cherries at Aldi for around $2. I ate a few in my ice cream and failed at making a cherry milkshake, but there were still a lot left so I decided to make cookies!
I found a great recipe at Cooking Debauchery, based on a recipe from Alton Brown who I think is fabulous.
2 sticks butter
2 1/4cups flur
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 egg yolk
6 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups milk and/or semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup sour cherries
1. Pit and slice the cherries. Pour vanilla over them and let stand for 1 hour.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Put the sugar in a bowl and add the butter. . Mix on medium until the sugar is thoroughly coated and beginning to melt. With the mixer still running add the egg, egg yolk and milk. Once thoroughly combined begin adding the flour mixture in several parts.
5. Stir in chips and cherries. Transfer dough to fridge for a least one hour.
6. Preheat oven to 375. Cook 6 on a tray for approx 12 minutes at a time.
I wonder what lucky person will receive this later in the week: