Tuesday 15 March 2011

A Quad of Q's

  1. Q is for....Quilts
My mom knows how to uilt, as do the mothers of my friends and some of my friends. Lyric explained it to me in principle back in the fall. I've been tossing around the idea for some time now of learning to quilt and making all of the  tshirts that I don't/can't wear anymore but have sentimental signifigance into a quilt. What do you think? Has anyone done this? I know there are places that will do this for you but I think it would be a neat skill to learn.
2. Q number two is for....Quotes

I get to interview and quote people in my freelance writing and I love it. People have such great stories, and I'n such a nosy person that this works out fabulous. I really hope to find a way to make this my fulltime job.

3. Q is for quirky

My friend described herself as quirky in a recent interview and got strange looks back. She meant that she was an individual, and an out of the box one as that. But the connotation her interviewers read was "weird, odd, strange". Thats not what I think of when I think of quirky. It's like an "innocent different". An extra bit of personality, in a good way. What are your  thoughts?

4. Q is for Quinn.

I've happened to catch a few episodes of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman lately (reruns of course). And I remember how much I used to love that show, although I pick up on a lot more things now than I did when I watched it the first time. It's a good show, and I still think Sully is hot!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to learn how to quilt! It's a dying art, and one that is so wonderful -- the practice of patience, the saving of history through repurposing scraps, the social bonding of quilting bees ... :)

    ReplyDelete

Like what you read? Leave a comment. Don't like what you read? Leave a comment.