Thursday 21 May 2015

Tomato Steaks

I've always been a tomato loving girl. My parents and grandparents always grow big gardens and I loved eating whatever they grew! When my husband and I loved in PA I had a few cherry tomato plants and I've missed being able to eat fresh fresh fresh tomatoes.

Well, last week was Teacher's Day and one of my (few) sweet students brought me some tomatoes! Yummy! Time to get cooking:


Tomato Steaks


Tomato steaks pictured with duck and carrots in gravy. 



Ingredients:

one large ripe tomato, sliced
Italian seasoning
black pepper
a few thin slices sharp cheddar cheese
about 1 green onion, chopped

1. Liberally sprinkle both each slice with Italian seasoning and black pepper on both sides. 
2. Place slices in a heated pan over medium heat.
3. Cook until the underside is warm to the touch, about two minutes.
4. Flip the tomatoes. Top with thinly sliced sharp cheddar.
5. Cover with finely chopped green onions. 
6. Remove from the heat when tomato is warm throughout and cheese is melty.

Enjoy!

*I used McCormick's Italian Seasoning Grinder. I was so happy to find it on the discount rack at a Korean grocery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you read? Leave a comment. Don't like what you read? Leave a comment.