Sunday 2 October 2011

Stash Busting Monday: Lucky Number Seven

We have ALOT of frozen veggies in our freezer, thanks to the wonderful but sadly terminated Angel Food Ministries. This week I was looking for a recipe that would make use of the veggies as well as delight Mike's picky tasty buds. I found the answer in my Woman's Day Cookbook. I'm posting the recipe as I modified it, not as it appears.

Roasted Fall Vegetables

  • 1lb bag carrots, sliced
  • 1 lb parsnips, peeled and sliced
  • 2 medium beets, peeled and cut in wedges
  • 1 medium onion, cut in chunks
  • 9 oz brussel sprouts
  • olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • red pepper
  • ginger
Heat oven to 450F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil.

Combine veggies in a large bowl, lightly coat with olive oil. Toss with salt and pepper, crushed red pepper and dried ginger.

Divide between baking sheets and bake for 45 minutes.

The verdict? I am a new fan of parsnips! Mike liked everything in the mixture but the brussel sprouts, which I could have predicted because of their texture. Dinner received two thumbs up form both of us!

1 comment:

  1. parsnips and carrots boiled together with a little butter and cinnamon is good. or parsley. Parsnips boiled and mashed with butter and cream/milk are a nice change from mashed potatoes. Parsnips can also be cooked in muffins or quick breads, just like a carrot cake sort of thing. I love love love parsnips.

    ReplyDelete

Like what you read? Leave a comment. Don't like what you read? Leave a comment.