Monday 13 February 2017

Stashbusting Monday #15: Valentine's Day Bundt Cakes

I made this button in 2011:

And I vowed to make one new recipe per week, And I got to a grand total of 14 recipes before letting the idea slide away from me. 

I would like to take up this task again and present a newly tried recipe from my stash at least every other Monday. Here's my new graphic:


I'm kicking it off right by sharing THREE new recipes that I tried this last week. In the spirit of Valentines' day, I baked my husband's students a bundt cake a day for 5 days. One recipe was a triple chocolate bundt cake found in Southern Living. The final missing recipe was my fudgy chocolate cherry bundt cake that has earned a place in my "bakery binder".

The other four recipes were:


My thoughts:

I haven't tasted the Almond Joy cake, I'm saving it for the actual holiday. But, with the coconut filling, I feel like it's going to be a winner.

The lemon cake has been my favorite of all the cakes. Perfectly sour. Squeeze fresh lemons-it's worth it!

The cinnamon roll cake wasn't "cinnamony" enough for me. It was too much like a basic coffee cake. I think it would need more cinnamon layers.

What new recipe did you try this week?  Also, I have TONS of recipes in my stash so if you want to see a particular ingredient or course, leave a comment and I'll search for that to try next. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you read? Leave a comment. Don't like what you read? Leave a comment.