Sunday 15 December 2013

2 Easy Peasy Semi-Healthy Desserts

Not having an oven, I miss baking a lot. A super duper lot. A lot of the baked goods I purchase over here aren't half as good as what my taste buds desire.

To satisfy my sweet tooth, I've been playing around with ways to turn yogurt into a sweet dessert.

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Yogurt

Ingredients:

  • 1 small container of strawberry yogurt
  • 1 small container of plain/Greek yogurt
  • 1 hot cocoa packet
Note: You can substitute the strawberry yogurt for another container of plain yogurt with diced strawberries, sweeten a little with honey. Strawberries are currently $5 for a small container here so, I went with the pre-flavored yogurt.

1. Pour the plain yogurt into a bowl. Mix in the hot cocoa.
2. Pour the strawberry yogurt into the center of the chocolate yogurt. Swirl gently.

Tropical Caramel Parfait

  • caramel sauce (store bought or homemade)
  • 1 small container of plain/Greek Yogurt
  • 1/2 cup fresh chopped pineapple
1. Layer yogurt, pineapple and caramel sauce in a small glass.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you read? Leave a comment. Don't like what you read? Leave a comment.