Sunday 18 September 2011

Stash Busting Monday #5: Nacho Cheese Beef Bake

This month's Taste of Home was packed with delicious looking recipes (causing me to add more recipes to my stash, but we're busting one of them so it's all gravy). This is the first one I decided to make, partly from the yummy picture and partly from the excess of frozen hamburger meat hanging out in my fridge. I'm presenting the recipe as I prepared it, not as it is in the magazine.

Ingredients:

2 cups uncooked egg noodles
1lb ground beef
1 can condensed nacho cheese soup
4oz can chopped green chiles
handul of cheddar cheese
2 cups crushed tortilla chips
ranch dressing
1/2 chopped onion
shredded lettuce

1. Cook noodles according to package. Also, brown and drain meat.
2. Return meat to pan and stir in soup, chilies, onion. Bring to a boil, reduce hear and simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
3. Stir in noodles, transfer to 11x7 casserole dish, sprinkle with handful of shredded cheese and bale at 350F for 15 minutes.
4. Top with tortilla chips and shredded lettuce. Drizzle with ranch dressing.

This was as easy as hamburger helper but tasted better! My huhsband gave to two thumbs up and has already requested it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you read? Leave a comment. Don't like what you read? Leave a comment.