Sunday 2 January 2011

7 in '11

I have 7 resolutions for 2011. I wanted to keep them simple this year so I tried to keep the list short, and make them things that really need to happen in my daily life.

1. Work out an average of 3-5 times per week. This includes the routine I made up over the summer, my pilates book,  exercise tapes, cardio workouts, situps and going for walks.

2. Learn to cook. This includes trying new recipes, modifying recipes to suit our tastes and being able to cook key recipes from memory. This also includes learning to plan meals ahead and becaus of this be able to grocery shop more efficently.

3. Make half of the cards I send.

4. Send treats/care packages to my friends still in Connieland.

5. Get a job! Anything that pays consistently will statisfy this one!

6. Do more craft projects. This includes making a wedding memory box, making cards, scrapbooking and anything else. I'd like to sew stockings and a new hostess apron but that may be too ambitious at the moment.

7. Don't gain weight! I read it everywhere that married couples gain weight. I don't wanna gain weight. I'm hoping that going from an unlimited supply of cookies and ice cream in the dining hall to cooking for myself on a limited budget will prevent me from eating too much junk and sweets.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals this year! Scrapbooking and card making can be so fun, but at the same time it's really hard to keep up with! This is one of my goals for the year as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost weight right before I got married Rachel, then...gained it all back plus alot more once we were married. I am learning to look at food the right way, all over again. Eat only enough to fuel the activity of that day, and eat a little less than that to actually lose the pounds. Walk to the grocery store if you can, daily. I am hoping in 6 months to have the next 80 pounds off! Good luck on living healthy and keeping your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great list! Just to ease your fears, I actually LOST weight after I got married! Good luck with your goals! =]

    ReplyDelete

Like what you read? Leave a comment. Don't like what you read? Leave a comment.